Liftshare are recruiting for a SENIOR BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT EXECUTIVE
Reporting to: Business Development Director
Liftshare, the most successful car-sharing network in the UK, is offering a superb opportunity for a Senior Business Development Executive to join its expanding, innovative and fun-loving team.
This is us:
- We are passionate about helping others – we each do our best to improve the lives of our team, our clients and our members.
- We don’t let people down.
- We strive to be the best we can be every day – we are always learning and improving. We set high standards and then try hard to exceed them. We act professionally, positively, deliver results, win where we compete and celebrate our success and share what we’ve learnt from any failures
- We give ourselves and each other the freedom to succeed. We trust each other; we’re focussed and open, encourage innovative thinking, we welcome constructive challenges to existing norms and always behave as a team
- We have fun solving problems worth solving, seeking inspiration from other sectors and accomplishing amazing things together.
It’s an exciting time for Liftshare – we have very ambitious growth plans so we’re looking for someone who is confident and enthusiastic to help with our mission to solve the world’s mobility problems through sharing. In just two years’ time we plan to have saved our members a billion miles.
Would you love to work for an organisation that makes the world a better place – reduces carbon emissions, supports business growth, tackles barriers to employment and helps people save money?
We’re looking for a passionate and talented person to join our Business Development team, with a particular focus on driving long term relationships that will deliver high levels of membership and revenue.
Is this you?
You are an experienced Business Development professional with a strong, proven track record. You must be able to demonstrate your ability to operate in a consultative, yet pragmatic way and to provide evidence of the value of the long-term relationships that you have established.
- Profitable long-term relationships
- A smaller level of transactional sales
- Opportunity creation
- Strategic partnerships
- Stronger and more successful BD and Liftshare teams
- Developing and building effective relationships with third parties such as consultants and our strategic partners to generate new leads and further evolve relationships with existing clients
- Contributing to the strategy for the creation of a higher level of opportunities with “platinum” potential
- Along with the Commercial Marketing Manager and Business Development Director, develop new partnerships that will drive new opportunities for the business.
- Working with the Client Engagement Team to expand the value of new “platinum” accounts on an ongoing basis.
- Following up opportunities generated firstly by yourself and secondly by the marketing team
- Undertaking in depth research on those opportunities with the potential for “platinum” status.
- Managing your sales pipelines
- Chasing quotes and following through with key actions
- Managing all activities from receipt of PO to handover to colleagues
- Writing tenders for Local Authority work and funding bids
- Providing colleagues with potential case studies
- Providing information about competitors to the Commercial Marketing Manager.
- Supporting colleagues across the organisation to deliver their own KPIs
- Representing Liftshare at client meetings, conferences and events
- Fulfilling project team roles as appropriate
- Working with colleagues across the company to ensure that all Liftshare’s service provision, whether online, via telephone, email or in person is warm, helpful and efficient.
- Striving for continuing personal development
- Can demonstrate and communicate a strong belief and understanding in our value proposition and your ability to achieve it.
- Will fit with the team/culture of the organisation i.e. learn fast, perform well, make a positive impact and have fun.
- A passion for sustainability and an understanding of the contribution that Liftshare can make – a genuine interest in problem solving, our sector and a desire to make our customers’ lives easier using our products and solutions.
- An awareness of internal team needs and a willingness to offer help independently.
- Can also ask for help when needed and communicates effectively and in a timely manner. Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- A strong track record of successful business development through your own endeavours (start to finish!) and a demonstrable knowledge of the tools required for successful long-term sales
- Demonstrate the ability to identify (at a micro and macro level), approach, manage, nurture, qualify, present benefits and gain the relevant level of client commitment, by using the appropriate sales skill
- A comprehensive knowledge of our product range, sector and our designated sales channels. This will enable you to identify and prioritise the best profit-making opportunities.
- Can contribute to the development of sales strategies and awareness of the role that marketing has to play in the sales and business development process
- Well networked, ideally in this industry
Performance and impact
- Robust research, analytical and critical reading skills
- Hungry to sell and to progress, ideally within the organisation – ambitious
- Professional – the right face for the Liftshare brand
- Confident but willing to learn
- IT literate and numerate
- Well organised and good decision maker
- Excellent oral and written skills and an excellent listener
- Experience in the use of Workbooks software or similar
To apply, please send a cover letter together with your CV to
Agencies need not apply.