Heathrow’s car sharing scheme has been running for over 10 years, and in 2007 the airport partnered with Liftshare, who introduced an online car sharing platform for the airport. The partnership has led to Heathrow having a very successful scheme; seeing 7,783 colleagues register to share their journey, with 2,302 of these confirmed as sharing on a regular basis.
Heathrow chose Liftshare as they were able to tailor their software to meet the airport’s needs. Their flexible approach also enabled the migration of data from the old system to the new with ease. Heathrow’s previously complicated system had been made easy and was saving the airport hours of time each month; giving the capacity for staff to now effectively market car sharing, engage with colleagues and, more importantly, encourage behaviour change.
With car parking being limited at the airport, Heathrow introduced designated carshare bays, knowing that this would be an incentive to encourage colleagues to change their travel behaviours. To further break down barriers, the airport set up a guaranteed ride home scheme, offering a taxi to anyone car sharing that subsequently had to get home in case of an emergency.
- 7,783 employees have registered to share their journey
- Enhances the business’ ethos of encouraging a healthy and balanced lifestyle amongst colleagues
- Enables colleagues to network, meet new colleagues in other areas of the business and ultimately forming new friendships
- Preserves the business’ reputation, ensuring growth as a sustainable business
- Saves colleagues money – cost saving £1,521,922*
- Encourages ‘green thinking’ amongst its workforce
- Reduces single occupancy vehicles on site reducing carbon emissions, pollution & noise
- Saves 2,026.5 tonnes of CO2 emissions*
- Saves 6,154,638 miles through car sharing*
* based on a 12 month forecast from the confirmed journeys through the Liftshare system