Thames Valley Park (TVP) is located in Reading, Berkshire, and is home to 10 companies and over 7000 employees. The park attracts internationally recognised businesses to its thriving commercial space, creating an entrepreneurial hub for companies such as Oracle, BG Group, Microsoft, and many others.
A clear vision for TVP from day one has been to encourage employees commuting to the park to travel sustainably. This was integrated by creating a sustainable travel strategy and developing a park wide policy to promote wider transportation options, reducing congestion and encouraging ‘green thinking’ amongst the workforce.
Part of the objectives set in the policy was to introduce a car sharing scheme. A travel planning manager (TPM) was put in place to promote and manage membership and encourage employees to share their journeys. At first this process was managed through a manual database, but after a short period it was evident this system was draining all the resources of the TPM. There were also concerns over how this data was managed securely and the accuracy of measuring and monitoring against targets.
Having investigated their options for car sharing providers, Thames Valley Park recruited the services of Liftshare. The online scheme was chosen because it is easy to use and provides a fully integrated support model, including a dedicated client account manager and marketing support.
- Offers business continuity and operational effectiveness across the park
- Manages demand for car parking spaces
- Enhances the park’s ethos of encouraging a healthy and balanced lifestyle amongst staff
- Enables employees to network, meet new colleagues and make new friends
- Saves employees money – cost saving £43,639*
- Reduces the level of single occupancy vehicles into the park, reducing carbon emissions, pollution and noise
- Contributes to the parks’ sustainability objectives
- Saves 58.1 tonnes of CO2 emissions*
- Saves 176,475 miles through car sharing*
* based on a 12 month forecast from the confirmed journeys through the Liftshare system