Whilst most organisations can introduce a car-sharing scheme, at Liftshare we’ve learnt over the years that there’s certain triggers that help car-sharing really work.
If you experience any of the following, we’d definitely recommend considering a dedicated scheme for your organisation:
- Significant numbers of staff currently driving to work and a workforce of over 400 at a single site
- Lack of sufficient on site parking
- Implementation of a parking levy in the local area
- The potential of additional income from spaces currently used by staff if they were made available
- Local traffic congestion
- Recruitment and retention difficulties
- Employee complaints about the cost and time of their commute
- Poor local transport options to the office location
- A need to relocate or expand – particularly if you are faced with planning conditions that limit your parking availability
And if some of the above ring true, the final piece of the puzzle to implementing a scheme that works is securing support from senior management – without this establishing a successful car sharing scheme can be an uphill struggle.
Author Jon Scutt