Liftshare, the UK’s leading car-sharing network, are currently responsible for organising 61 County-wide schemes, working with 75% of all local authorities across the UK. The exponential take up of these County-wide focussed schemes demonstrates the value that can be gained from providing a bespoke car-share solution for an area as opposed to simply relying on the generic promotion of a National website.
Advantages include, but are not limited to:
- Branded client sites focus on helping commuters, employers and communities (although they can also be used for one off trips)
- com focusses on one off trips (although users can use it for commuting)
- With car sharing there is no expensive infrastructure. The two costs are investing in buying the right system and promoting it. In all our experience – promoting a local service is far more effective than promoting a national scheme. A small amount of money invested in promoting a locally recognised brand reaps huge rewards as there is local ownership, awareness and support.
- Having a group means the client:
- has access to the real time monitoring pages
- can therefore monitor the impact of any marketing
- can use the service to open conversations with businesses
- can work jointly with those businesses to maximise update.
- can access an api of the data which they could e.g. feed into any local journey planners they run
- can easily contact all their members
- can get access to the free mobile app for groups
- The typical benefit cost ratio of having a Liftshare regional scheme is >30:1
If you’d like to know more contact email@example.com
Author Jon Scutt