The role requires a highly motivated individual with a background in supporting and/or working within a business development team, combined with a strong commercial aptitude who is looking to develop and grow their marketing knowledge. The core focus will be to develop and set up opportunities for the Business Development team whilst supporting the marketing function for B2B side of the business.
You will research and form relationships within key market segments all over the UK, particularly within the corporate market. The key objective will be to approach these organisations to qualify and convert new business opportunities, passionately communicating the benefits and business case for Liftshare’s services.
The Business Development team works with a dedicated, enthusiastic and proactive approach for continued growth. Whilst this role will be predominately office based, there may be a requirement to travel with the occasional overnight stay for business meetings and conferences.
The role will include the following duties:
- Undertake research into prospective clients and develop a database of potential new business opportunities
- Make initial and follow-up calls to senior level professionals within targeted organisations. Enquire about key business areas to effectively identify the relevant challenges that Liftshare can solve.
- To be the first point of contact for all incoming enquiries, ensuring they are responded to in an efficient, professional and timely manner.
- The desired output for all opportunities is to convert to face-to-face meetings or webinars, to be booked in with a member of the Business Development team.
- Record all information on our CRM system (Workbooks). Generate reports as required to help the team monitor performance across a range of KPIs.
- Deliver against KPIs, tracking your progress as well as contributing to team targets.
- Fulfil project team roles and other duties as appropriate.
- Support the Business Engagement Team to manage the Business Development team’s diaries, booking in travel and accommodation for business trips to ensure their time is used effectively to reduce cost of sale.
- Support in the delivery of sector specific online marketing campaigns. Deliver a selection of communication touch points to new business opportunities, following up campaigns and making cold calls where necessary. Also maintaining relevant and up-to-date market intelligence.
- Research, plan and ensure the success of Liftshare at external conferences and events. Following up after these events with the aim of setting up meetings for the business development team.
- Support the marketing strategy, flagship and ad-hoc campaigns and wider commercial marketing objectives.
- Planning and optimisation of the customer journey.
- The ability to extract and present data, writing reports and demonstrate ROI from campaigns and activities.
- Internal and external comms, PR and handling incoming marketing enquiries.
- Gathering information and creating relevant case studies.
- Help to set up and run client and member referral schemes.
Your skills will include:
- Will fit with the team/culture of the organisation (i.e. We are: Customer Focused, Learning Fanatics, United Team, Bar Raisers).
- A passion for sustainability and an understanding of the contribution that Liftshare can make.
- The ability to demonstrate thorough knowledge and a strategic approach to providing solutions, that Liftshare are the professionals in the field.
- Track record of understanding how to research and identify prospective new business at a B2B level.
- Experience in B2B marketing with a strong commercial focus on ROI.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written, with a confident telephone manner and ability to demonstrate effective negotiation skills through cold calling.
- Confident in working on own initiative to effectively manage workload and deliver key objectives.
- Experience in the use of CRM software (preferable but not essential).
- Demonstrate the ability to go the extra mile, to exceed expectations.
- Cares about customers, colleagues and our social agenda.
How to apply:
If you are interested, send an email with a cover letter explaining why you think your skills would suit the responsibilities above, along with and attached CV, to email@example.com stating the position your applying for in the subject of the email. Applications will close Friday 2nd August.
Why work for Liftshare
Find out what its like to work for Liftshare.