Blog written by Liftshare’s Head of Product, Sarah Roberts.
The first quarter of 2018 is off to a great start with enhancements to our platform! We’ve been working hard on becoming compliant with GDPR and enhancing our user experience to make our member’s journeys the best they can be!
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is an important change in data privacy regulations and comes into effect on the 25th May 2018. We’re committed to ensuring your data is safeguarded, so we have been working on updating our policies and infrastructure ready for this date.
Read more about GDPR plans here.
Liftshare Companion app
It’s never been easier for organisations to update their members on what’s on offer for Liftsharers or changes to parking availability. This quarter, we implemented the functionality for community alerts sent by Liftshare Scheme Managers, to trigger a push notification for members that have the Liftshare Companion app
We’ve made several changes to the user experience of our website so that our members find it easier to use and get the most out of joining Liftshare.
- We’ve removed the ability to pay for journeys from our site. Although Liftshare is a free service to join and use, some members would like a contribution to their journey. Passengers can still pay drivers for a lift in several simple and easy ways. Read more here.
- If a journey search doesn’t find enough relevant journeys, we’ve made it easier to amend the filters and give suggestions to improve the search:
- We now have more ways to share a journey! If our search doesn’t find relevant matches, members can share their journey on social media to see if any of their friends want to share. Our members are already loving this feature!
Liftshare Dashboard for Liftshare Scheme Managers
- Help guides – Our Liftshare Scheme Managers are keen to get the most of out of their dashboard, whether it’s tracking trends in increases in members, how much CO2 they’ve saved as a company or the journeys their staff are taking – The data is all there! To help our users navigate the dashboard at their own pace, we’ve added a new user guide – Just click “Having problems?”:
- Alongside this, we’ve got some fantastic new member help videos that both our members and Liftshare Scheme Managers can use to learn more about the system. Visit our Youtube Channel here.
- LAUNCHED: We have Llaunched our own dedicated Twitter channel for member help @LiftshareHelp for any help you may need in joining Liftshare, finding a match or questions on how to use the system.
- All/Regular/one-off journeys unique members – On the Liftshare Team Members page, Liftshare Scheme Managers can now clearly see how many regular sharers they have.
Here at Liftshare, we have a goal of reaching 70,000 unique regular-journey sharers by March 2020. This will help us reach our overall target of taking 1 billion miles off the road!
Join the discussion and let us know what your organisation’s Liftshare goals are by tweeting us: @Liftshare
- We’ve optimized many pages on the dashboard to make them much quicker for our Liftshare Scheme Managers to use. Some pages that are now faster include: the journeys page, viewing your matches journey, profile pages, membership statistics pages any many more!
- The Maps section on the Dashboard has been improved to show two more options:
- Show radius circles: These show the total radius of your search.
- Show marker pins: This is so Liftshare Scheme Managers can hide/show the pins to declutter the screen, making it easier to see your data.
- We’ve created a detailed ‘Product suite’ page on the Liftshare dashboard for Liftshare Scheme Managers to browse through our range of products. This tells you all about our Parking Permits, our personalised travel planning tool myPTP, our Trip Authentication Software and more!
We’re undergoing a complete overhaul of our Personalised Travel Planning tool and would love to hear your thoughts and feedback on how we can improve! Email Liftshare’s Head of Product, Sarah: email@example.com if you’ve got some ideas!
myPTP is a travel planning tool which integrates data for all modes of transport including walking, cycling, public transport (including Park and Ride), car sharing and single occupancy car journeys. It delivers a detailed and interactive personalised travel plan (PTP) in less than a minute, which can be emailed directly to an individual or viewed online through an interactive page of results.
The tool can be utilised to communicate quickly and effectively with a large group of individuals their travel options to promote modal shift. The platform is commonly used for office moves/closures, HR recruitment to attract high calibre candidates and to encourage behaviour change away from single occupancy vehicles to sustainable travel. The tool eases parking and congestion issues, as well as promoting new travel opportunities to communities through public service websites such as Local Authority and the NHS.
Get in touch with us for more information or a Personal Travel Plan software demo on 01603 389321 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a Liftshare Scheme Manager, you can keep up to date with all our product releases by accessing your dashboard, and select Updates in the navigation pane on the left.
GET IN TOUCH
Have you got some ideas about additional features or functionality on our platform as a member or a client? Get in touch by tweeting us @Liftshare or emailing email@example.com.
Author Sarah Roberts